Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see whyThe Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for an Associate Financial Advisor in Essex, ON. The Associate Financial Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. This role may have an opportunity to specialize in one or more product areas such as life, group and wealth. The Associate Financial Advisor will identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted Associate Advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance) and specialty lines (farm and/or commercial) portfolios.
- Life License is required
- General or other Insurance License(s) may be required depending on the specialty focus for the role.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license may be required
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
- An opportunity to work with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada.
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning.
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary and benefits program.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community and has an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please complete the form below and submit it by May 5, 2016.
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
About The Co-operators
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through our group of companies, we offer home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. Our co-operative values make us a different kind of insurance company – one built on honesty, hard work and concern for the communities in which we live and work. We've received many accolades, including being ranked among the 50 Best Employers in Canada by Aon Hewitt, and the Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada by Sustainalytics and Maclean's magazine. As a member of our team, you'll be part of a big organization with a small company feel, working alongside a highly engaged group of people who are passionate about what they do. And you'll see why we believe The Co-operators truly is a better place to work.