The Portfolio Manager is required to be the key Chief Investment Officer for RowanOak’s High Net Worth Investment Management business. This individual is responsible for the delivery of the firm’s full scope of investment services across a diverse high net worth client base. This role is multi-faceted with a primary focus of providing investment advice, investment management and supporting the Primary Advisor in client servicing when it comes to the investment management aspect of the client’s financial plan. The portfolio manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the client’s overall portfolio investment strategy, including portfolio construction and implementation of the firm’s investment policy. Investment mandates may range from global multi-asset class to single asset class strategies. The portfolio manager has the responsibility to understand, implement and monitor the firm’s investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended investment vehicles and individual securities to achieve stated client goals and objectives. The role requires a comprehensive understanding and monitoring of capital markets, global macro and policy dynamics and its implications for various asset classes including global equities, fixed Income and alternative strategies. The portfolio manager also evaluates all relevant investment research in order to build and rebalance portfolios within risk parameters and in an after-tax framework.
The position requires strong analytic skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. In addition, the Portfolio Manager will work with a team to provide additional services for clients, including financial planning, tax, trust and estate services to build and maintain client relationships for a diverse client base, including domestic and international individuals, families, and foundations. The role also requires working with business development to strategize approach in acquiring new business.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of broad investment strategy. It requires the monitoring of global macro events and assessing the implications on markets and client portfolios.
- Responsible for the assessment and analysis of portfolio returns and risk in client portfolios to rebalance as needed on an after-tax basis.
- Responsible for the determination of absolute and relative valuations of investment securities in client portfolios. Responsible for the integration of both global macro and market valuation into a well-defined investment view, rationale, strategy and portfolio construction applied across a diverse client base and communicated to clients.
- Manage assigned accounts according to specific client investment objectives and constraints including idea generation; the execution and the monitoring of the assets held in the portfolio to ensure maximization of portfolio performance; and through marketing efforts, make presentations to existing clients, prospective clients and referral sources.
- Interface with the team to understand and implement the firm’s recommendations; monitor cash balances; review portfolio investment results; communicate strategy and results to clients
- Responsible for articulation of our current economic and market views, outlook, portfolio positioning and construction.
- Responsible for effective management and oversight of a highly customized dedicated book of business.
- Create presentation material that provides information to clients for their understanding of the investment strategy and returns for their portfolios.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual newsletter creation, and presenting at various client and business development seminars
- Responsible for ensuring that we are meeting the ever changing objectives and needs of our clients.
- Responsible for the articulation of the firm’s overall capabilities, philosophy and approach generally, including asset allocation, equity, fixed income and manager selection processes. Work with business development to provide investment analysis and proposals to gain new business. Foster client additions by providing added value and building strong relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree.
- CFA and/or CIM required
- MBA or equivalent highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years investment or finance experience required
- 5-7 years of portfolio management and investment research experience required
- CFP preferred
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Familiar with the High Net Worth Client Profile and objectives as well as trading, marketing and research functions.
- Complete knowledge of the investment industry along with ability to analyze, interpret and present statistics in both written and oral presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Ability to influence within own department and across the organization
- Travel required to various client and vendor locations