Location: Ontario, Quebec & Atlantic, Canada
We’re Investors Group – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
Our vision is to improve our clients’ financial well-being.
At Investors Group:
- We relate to our diverse clients through comprehensive planning
- In all of our endeavours we are diligent in our efforts
- We respect each other and the communities we serve by being people who care
If you share our vision and values, we’d like to hear from you.
Investors Group Securities Inc. (IGSI) is an IIROC investment dealer, registered throughout Canada. IGSI accommodates and administers the diverse brokerage product and service needs of clients referred by Investors Group Consultants. IGSI provides securities advisory services through the local IIROC licensed Securities Planning Specialist Network (SPSN). We are actually looking for one permanent position and one term (2 years) position.
The Director’s main objectives are to support and coach a team of Securities Planning Specialists. Emphasis is on the development of the SPSN training program, as well as the competitive strategies and tools needed to enhance further the efficiency and productivity of the Securities Planning Specialists. The Director is responsible for the SPSN business plan, recruiting, and ensuring compliance, consistency and professionalism in the service offering. The Director’s success will be measured by the extent to which the SPSN continues to attract and provide high net worth clients with wealth management services as well as corporate and SPSN achievement of business targets.
- Achieve corporate business targets, including budget objectives by appropriately executing the IGSI and SPSN business plan.
- Identify and develop competitive strategies and tools to increase SPSN productivity, professionalism and greater consistency in service offering.
- Hire, train and assist Securities Planning Specialists to achieve their business targets.
- Conduct individual SPSN performance evaluations, review and monitor individual business plans and budgets on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with other Planning Specialist Network Leaders, AVPs and Region Office Field Management in Eastern Canada through effective communication and contact which includes travel.
- Organize, participate in or conduct SPSN meetings as appropriate.
- Identify and develop training presentations intended for the national Consultant network to be delivered by the SPSN.
- Collaborate with IGSI Compliance to ensure SPSN well aligned with corporate and IIROC regulations.
- Work closely with HO to optimize administration and asset gathering activities between SPSN & Operations.
- Minimum seven years of experience in the securities and financial services industry.
- Valid IIROC License – Registered Representative/Investment Advisor category.
- Current cycle good standing in Continuing Education (CE) credits.
- University Degree, Canadian/Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) or other securities industry designations are an asset.
- Excellent technical skills including Thomson Reuters Eikon, Croesus and Microsoft PC software skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent training and coaching skills.
- Very strong market and investment knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory requirements and internal compliance.
- Bilingualism a strong asset
- Team player and management experience, in particular managing at a distance.
Please apply by September 8, 2017. For technical difficulties when applying, please click here .