Keeping You Moving:
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.
Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development.
In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward.
At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.
Working in the Finance Operations Group in our Mississauga location, this position is primarily responsible for the reporting to Head Office and OSFI, reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts, and ensuring accuracy of invoices and expense reports.
Who you are:
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly AR reports for UK Head Office and Local Regulatory reporting
• Perform daily and monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts including suspense accounts, investigating promptly any discrepancies and working with Corporate Treasury and Financial Reporting teams to determine the appropriate correcting journals
• Preparation and/or authorizing of various journal entries
• Releasing of invoice and expense reports
• Standby for both Treasury and Accounts payable during periods of staff shortages
• Prepare process documents for Treasury and Accounts payable as well as reporting
• Apply Excel knowledge to design worksheets to enhance functionality of reports in order to meet changing reporting requirements
• Prepare various cash and payable reports for analysis
• Assist in the Treasury guideline compliance monitoring process and reporting
• Participate in special projects
What you bring to this role:
• University degree in business, accounting, or finance required
• CPA/CGA or CMA designation or near completion
• Minimum 3 years of accounting or finance experience
• Strong reconciliation skills, an aptitude for numbers and detail-oriented
• Advanced MS Excel skills with experience using macros and Pivot table
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and adapt well to changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong working relationships
• You are an active team player with excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding customer service skills and the desire to go above and beyond
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line.
RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting