Nicola Wealth Management is a financial planning and investment management firm serving the needs of high net worth families, incorporated professionals and business owners for over 20 years. We have a passion for providing clients with sophisticated planning and portfolio management expertise, along with outstanding client service. We strive to continue being among the top performing wealth advisors and money managers in Canada. Out of the top 20 largest private investment council firms in Canada, as of June 2015, Investor Economics ranked NWM as the fastest growing firm with year over year (June 2014 to June 2015) growth of 29%.
At Nicola Wealth Management, we believe our most valuable asset is our people and demonstrate that in the finer details, our interactions, and shared success. Our people make this an exciting and rewarding place to work, bringing energy, experience, and expertise. We welcome you to explore new possibilities and provide opportunities to develop. Our uniqueness fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and collegial atmosphere that attracts outstanding people.
Team and Position Summary
As a Financial Advisor, you will focus on providing a high standard of financial planning and investment management advice to your clients. Our approach to providing clients with an exceptional experience and a valuable result is to combine the skills and knowledge of our advisors by collaborating on client files. Although you may have an existing book of clients, we are looking for an individual who can integrate by partnering with other members of our Advisory Team to service our existing (and future) clientele. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will contribute to the continued growth of our firm by developing strong relationships with new and/or existing clients.
– This role is located in Vancouver
- Complete initial fact-finding on new clients for the purpose of analysis and recommendations for preparing a detailed financial plan.
- Prepare ongoing analysis with respect to investment portfolio design, risk management (insurance planning), retirement income needs, estate planning, cash flow budgeting, education requirements, capital needs analysis and tax planning.
- Ensure all clients are met and/or communicated with according to defined client service standards.
- Be keenly aware of clients’ changing needs and continue to suggest strategies that would improve their financial position, keeping in mind their investment objectives, risk tolerance and resources.
- Ensure all client information and regulatory requirements are kept current and up to date.
- Develop and strengthen client relationships and build new relationships via client referrals, centers of influence, networking and other business development opportunities.
- Keep on top of industry developments through attending seminars, continued education and proactive personal development.
Qualifications and Experience
- CFP and CIM/CFA designations
- Insurance licensed (LLQP)
- Other industry designations are an asset
- Minimum of 5-6 years of industry experience in a Financial Advisor or Associate role, preferable in a financial planning firm with a high degree of client contact and exposure to both insurance and investment planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Empathetic listening skills
- Ability to present well to clients and have the ability to connect and build a sense of trust
- Extremely client focused
- Self-motivated; driven to exceed established goals
- Proactive and demonstrates a high degree of perseverance
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve proactively; combining critical thinking with outside the box approach to issues
- Creative thinking to logically develop solutions to problems when none might be apparent
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Close attention to detail; observant
- High degree of professionalism and maturity
- Strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
- Must work well independently and within a team setting
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire additional education as required
- Competency in Microsoft office computer software and all necessary industry related software
- Competency in NWM product and service offerings (within 6 months of obtaining position)
- Competency in NWM planning concepts (within 6 months of obtaining position)
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with "Financial Advisor Vancouver" in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com