Why work at Fidelity?
Here are just a few reasons:
- Greater Toronto’s Top 2016 Employers (For more information go to: http://www.eluta.ca/jobs-at-fidelity)
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2016) (For more information go to: http://www.canadastop100.com/young_people/young_people/)
- 2015 National HR Awards – Vengo Employee Engagement Award (For more information go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9jx50j4vpM)
- Environics Advisor Perception Study 2015
- #1 “Overall Fund Company” – Ten years running.
The Finance team is responsible for budgeting, management reporting and analysis and special projects for various Team Canada business units. The Finance team’s main focus is to support these business groups in achieving their objectives by identifying issues, recommending solutions, providing financial transparency and value added financial assessments. This is achieved by establishing strong ties with these client groups while meeting the needs and interests of all stakeholders.
The Financial Analyst reports to the Manager, Finance Business Support. The Financial Analyst is responsible for business unit management reporting, budget cycle support, data governance, special projects, and assisting team members in meeting financial reporting requirements. The main responsibilities are for the individual to prepare and validate numerous financial reports, analysis, and presentations that are utilized by senior management throughout the Fidelity organization.
• Create and continually develop/enhance key business unit reports that capture key measures of success including monthly management reports and quarterly scorecards
• Execute all other regular weekly/monthly reports as required
• Assist in the development of financial forecasts and related annual budgets
• Identify and implement solutions which improve efficiency and effectiveness through the elimination, simplification, and automation of processes
• Participate in special projects as required
Education & Experience:
• University degree with a focus on business (Accounting, Economics, Commerce preferred)
• Completion of or working towards a financial/accounting designation (CA/CPA)
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a financial services environment or finance department with experience in financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and/or business planning is required
Skills & Knowledge:
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to conduct advanced business and financial analysis
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complicated financial concepts into business terminology
• Strong team orientation with ability to collaborate with internal clients, peers and management
• Strong customer service orientation and a proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within Finance as well as the client groups supported
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application.
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please e-mail us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fmr.com.