Senior Manager Accreditation
Job category: Other
Job type: Permanent
Location: Queens Quay/Spadina
Application deadline: May 06, 2016
The Institute for Advanced Financial Education (The Institute) is the administrative and disciplinary body for the Financial Advisors Association of Canada (TFAAC), commonly referred to as Advocis. Every year, The Institute accredits thousands of continuing education programs that meet the criteria set out in our Practice Guidelines for Financial Advisors and Planners. For more information about The Institute’s Accreditation Service, please visit www.iafe.ca.
We are currently seeking a professional and experienced Senior Manager, Accreditation & Audit to join our team. This position will be responsible for managing content accreditation services as a revenue generating service to The Institute as well as conducting an annual CE audit for The Institute designation holders (CLU® and CHS). The incumbent’s main responsibilities will be to effectively manage and communicate the CE accreditation process and audit service with clarity and consistency to accreditation clients and auditees; to analyze program materials submitted for content accreditation and ensure that all accreditations and audit services are conducted in a manner consistent with defined protocols; to provide detailed reporting and analysis of accreditation and audit service performance on an ongoing basis.
- Initial screening of applications for completeness
- Analyze learning programs submitted for content accreditation against the Practice Guidelines for Financial Advisors and Planners. This comprehensive review must follow the Accreditation Decision Criteria and result in the approval or decline of programs and a determination of the number of credits for which a program qualifies
- Respond to phone and e-mail enquiries pertaining to the CE Accreditation and CE Audit processes
- Manage the audit process of The Institute designation holders to determine compliance with designation CE requirements
- Provide ongoing and detailed reports of the CE Accreditation and Audit processes
- Manage the processing of payments, ensuring consistency with service agreements
- Lead the quality assurance efforts to ensure consistent and fair protocols in accreditation and auditing
- Provide oversight of ongoing administrative processes
- In collaboration with the Marketing department, manage the CE Accreditation website content
- Designated financial planner/advisor in good standing
- 5-7 years of experience, with excellent working technical knowledge, in the Canadian financial services industry
- 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Program evaluation (quality assurance)
- Development of financial services learning content (courses, CE programs, test questions)
- Providing learning support services to financial planners
- Delivering training or supervising content experts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office particularly Word, and Excel
- 3 years of experience dealing with regulators and governing bodies preferred
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Karen Beier.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advocis is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise Karen Beier, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in the interview process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.